Bikram Yoga is for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
When you think of yoga do you think of chanting, incense and relaxation? Then please change that thought. Get ready to sweat like never before, take your body on a journey that will lead you to feeling fantastic. But get ready to work for it and most of all, allow your mind to be open.
There is a reason that this is the fastest growing yoga in the world and it will not be what you expect! If you make the commitment to yourself to invite this Yoga into your life, your body will LOVE you for it and so will your friends and loved ones! Please read the tips below to get the most out of your class.
Tips for first timers
It’s Good to Note:
- For first–timers, arrive 15 minutes before class to complete your registration.
- Remember your goal is to stay in the room for the whole 90 minutes.
- Never be afraid to kneel down when you need to as a beginner but know that your goal is to do all
the postures for maximum benefit.
- Feeling dizzy, nauseous or light-headed is normal when you first get started.
- Don’t feel self-conscious; it’s helpful to realise that people’s focus is on themselves.
- Take your second class within 24 hours, although you may experience discomfort such as muscle aches.
- Drink plenty of water after the class.
- Yoga mats and bath towels are available for hire.
Make Sure You Have:
- An empty stomach – don’t eat 2 to 3 hours before the class.
- A clean body – no perfumes or aftershaves
- Proper hydration – drink plenty of water (1-2 LITRES) throughout the day before the class.
- 2 towels, one for class and one for showering after class
- plastic bag for your wet clothes
Bottle of water for class</li>
- Wear light and fitted clothes – we need to see your knees! Sport bra, shorts or tankini or bikini recommended for the ladies.
- Running shorts or biker shorts or speedos for the gentlemen.
- Avoid long sweat pants and heavy t-shirts (our room is 37ºC hot!)
Most of all.. An open mind and a positive attitude!